How Can Effective Social Media Marketing Help Authors Interact?
The social media is a boon to authors all over. Just a few years back, it would not have been possible for authors to market their books with effective social media marketing campaigns. But now, you can promote your books even long before their official release. What more? Writer can now interact with their readers so efficiently over the social media, resolve their queries, accept feedback and reply to them without any hassle.
So, what changed over the years? How can writers rely so blindly on social media marketing efforts? Is it safe for you to promote your upcoming book in the social media? What about copyright issues? This post is going to shed some light on all these factors and also provide you with a detailed analysis of how effective social media marketing can help you to garner more audience for your next release.
If you are a newbie in this field of writing, social media networks like LinkedIn and of course, our dear old Facebook can help you to promote your book with much ease. The initial push you need to develop your identity will be provided by effective social media marketing on these platforms. Furthermore, if you can create some posts on your upcoming release, you will get to know in advance how it will fare.
More likes, shares and comments on your posts will give you the idea that your readers are hooked to your book. If there aren’t much response on your posts, you will have to do some changes and it is effective social media marketing that can help you to analyze what changes will be necessary. If you are struggling with ideas of how to use the social media to your advantage, the following tips can surely be of some help:
1. Choose the best platform to promote your book – When it comes to an effective social media marketing and promotion, we have so many platforms to choose from. Facebook is the most informal one among all. But that does not make it any less important. But your focus should be on a platform that will help you to reach maximum number of audience and LinkedIn is by far the best professional social media platform available on the web. However, visual marketing is equally important. So, you should not strike out Instagram and Snapchat from your list of preferences. It is wise to plan a concrete content marketing strategy for your book promotion and audience interaction. This is the first step towards the success of your book.
2. Enthusiastically engage with all your readers – Post briefs about your upcoming release in the social media platform you have chosen and see how well they fare. If comments keep rolling in, you need to engage with your potential readers to enhance communication. Interact with them, talk to them about your book without giving out details. Take their suggestions if you are still in the position of changing something. This interaction through effective social media marketing is crucial for your success. Some authors will see it as a breach of writer’s freedom but many others will see it as an opportunity to reach to maximum number of people.
3. Be careful about how many posts you make – As mentioned above, it is important for you to plan an effective content marketing strategy before you implement any of the techniques mentioned in this post. One of the biggest strategies is to know when and how frequently should you post updates about your new release or the book you are writing on at present. Join groups, interact with more and more experienced folks and ask them questions related to their marketing strategies. If you have no one to turn to, it is best to hire a professional and effective social media marketing firm to guide you in the right direction.
4. If you are a new author, do not spend much time in Self-Promotion – Self promotion is a tricky thing that may backfire at times. So try not to attempt it at the first go. Post updates about your book, write about your reasons for choosing the topic, see what other people has to say about it and engage more. It is said that you should be a good listener in order to plan an effective social media marketing strategy. So, listen to what your audience has to say about their likes and dislikes and make changes accordingly. You are writing for your readers right? And if they do not like what you write, all your efforts will go down the drain. So, be social and try to interact as frequently as possible with your potential readers.
5. Build connections and improve your networking efforts – In the writer’s world, connections are everything. We are thankful that we have the social media at our own disposal. Writers before us did not have the scope to make connections so easily. You can network with a number of influential people who can help your book to grow. Also, you never know, you can connect with some good publishers through effective social media marketing. All in all, being social is going to add a lot more value to your upcoming releases.
So, you see, being social will affect you to grow yourself as an author. You will get to know about a lot of things, improve your network with influential contacts, enhance your marketing efforts and boost your confidence in general. Hence, if you are writing a book or are planning to write in future, make sure to gain audience through effective social media marketing and build your connections to boost your chances of success. If you have any doubts about the techniques mentioned above, feel free to contact us. We will be waiting eagerly for your feedback. Have a great weekend!