Top 7 Apps To Enhance Your Career Through Hiring And Networking
Are you fresh out of college or graduation is right around the corner? Time has come for you to pull up your socks and go job hunting in your specific field. Well, that time has gone when you had to roam about with your resume in hand to knock the doors of big enterprises. With the help of technology and smartphones, you can now sit at your homes and apply for well-to-do jobs with just few swipes and taps. This post is going to provide you with the names of few effective apps that you can use to find your dream jobs as well as enhance your career.
Many times, freshers feel the need of a good mentor to guide them in the right career path. There are apps that can find you such a mentor who in turn will help you build your career goals and provide you with an insight of the industry you are currently searching for a position in. A simple conversation over a cup of coffee can work wonders for you. But the best part is, you can schedule such a meeting with the help of apps that connect to your calendar and provide you with free dates with high profile professionals to help you enhance your career. So, let’s cut off the blabber and get on with some names.
Top 7 job searching and networking apps
Apps for networking with like-minded professionals:
1. Shapr – Professional matchmaking involves getting you in touch with well-to-do professionals who can help you enhance your career. Shapr is a favorite app for people looking for mentors in their specific fields. You have to select up to 10 career interests and match with professionals who share the same interests as that of yours. All you have to do is swipe right or left after reading profiles and bios to select the right mentor for you. Once there is a match, you can share quality conversations on topics of interest or ask them for advice on any given matter. Effective networking goes a long way to find you your dream job. You can even approach professionals if you are stuck with something and in need of valuable suggestions.
2. Coffee – This professional networking app helps you to connect with like-minded individuals to improve your networking efforts. You can swipe left or right to find people with common interests and ask them out for a cup of coffee. There you can share your interests and build your connections. You may even get in touch with a mentor or a job reference if you match with the right person. Are you planning to start a new business? Well, you can even get in touch with prospective investors with the help of this app to enhance your career.
Apps for job seekers to find their dream jobs:
3. Pocket Resume – On which platform do you create your CV? How much time does it take for you to format your entire resume? Well this new app can help you create your CV in minutes and without costing you any time on formatting. You just have to put in your details and credentials and the app will do the rest for you. Also, there are designs templates that you can choose from in order to make your CV look most appealing to the hiring managers. It costs $4.99 bucks only.
4. Switch – This free app is regarded as “Tinder” for job-seekers online. You can swipe right or left to find the right job for you. Whenever there is a match, you can hold a conversation with prospective recruiters and enhance your career opportunities to land on your dream role. This solves a lot of problems especially those concerning job application follow ups. Sometimes, it becomes very embarrassing for you to send out repeated e-mails asking the hiring managers regarding the status of your job application. Switch makes all that very easy for you. And what are the chances of getting hired by well-to-do enterprises? Well, you will be glad to know that companies like Facebook and eBay also consider applications on Switch. Good news, isn’t it?
Apps to help you crack interviews to enhance your career:
6. 101 HR Interview Questions – Android users can take advantage of this app to prepare themselves thoroughly with the most common questions that are asked during interviews. There are categories like common questions, general ones, questions on personal development, teamwork and flexibility to help you build confidence in yourselves and crack any interview. The app also provides you with a guide to answer each question effectively so as to create the maximum impact. In short, this app is quite helpful in preparing you for any interview in any company you wish to work in.
7. Job Interview Question-Answer – This is a highly effective video app that creates mock interviews for you to crack. You can practice your answers to all type of difficult interview questions in an interactive manner. Furthermore, you can play the videos to see whether you did well or are in need of some improvement. And lastly, the app will provide you with tips to make your answers better by professionals giving you demos on how to answer your interview questions.
App to choose the right company among a wide array of options:
7. Glassdoor – So, you have cracked multiple interviews and in need of some guidance to choose the right company from them? Glassdoor helps you to enhance your career by providing you with a detailed analysis on how the company functions from within, what are the salaries offered to proficient employees, are the managers amiable enough and how are the employees faring in the organization. You can read reviews of employees to help you decide whether you wish to become one of them or not. You will get an idea of the company policies before you even become a part of it. This app also helps you to get geared up for an interview by providing testimonials on any given organization’s interview process.
Finding the right path that will help you enhance your career can be a daunting task sometimes. But with the aforementioned apps, you can easily find the job of your dreams. If you have any other names to add to the list, please let us know. We will be more than glad to get your feedback and update our list accordingly. Happy job searching!