How To Run Generic USB Gamepad As Xbox 360 Controller On Windows PC
All the gamers out there face common problem. Their favorite games require Xbox 360 controller to play or those games have the best gaming experience with Xbox 360 gamepad. But for most of the gamers, to buy Xbox 360 gamepad is out of their budget. Also it’s not worthy to buy Xbox 360 gamepad if you don’t have Xbox. Here is the simple guide to emulate any cheap generic USB gamepad as Xbox 360 controller on your windows PC.
1. Download the xbox360ce open source software from here.
Note: Xbox360ce is an open source project to emulate almost all the USB gamepads into xbox360 gamepad.
2. Extract it into game’s root folder.
3. Open xbox360ce.exe as administrator.
4. Press ok on search popup window.
5. Connect your USB gamepad and wait for windows to install drivers if you have not installed it earlier.
6. Controller 1 shows green light. That means this program has detected your gamepad. Now select the correspondent buttons from as shown in image. Your controller might have different button configuration. So select them accordingly.
7. Go to options and select hook with “All”.
8. Go to controller 1 and save the settings.
9. You can test your gamepad with xinputtest.exe app.
10. You can add more than one controller with same method and play games in multiplayer.
This method works with almost the games. Check out compatibility list here.